Sunday, October 6, 2013

RiRi Hearts MAC - Swatches and First Impressions

It is no secret that I fell completely in love with the packaging of the Riri Hearts MAC Fall collection. Today was the first chance I had to actually play with the products and do a little swatching. As promised and without further ado - ladies and gentlemen I give you RiRi Hearts MAC :)

RiRi Woo Lipstick, Gloss and Liner: These were probably the items I was most excited about when I saw the collection.  I was so glad that I was able to get all three pieces.  RiRi Woo is reminiscent of MAC's famous Ruby Woo lipstick.  It is a perfect red - it is ever so slightly darker than Ruby Woo but has cool undertones so it will be flattering on many different skin tones.  In addition to the lipstick, MAC released a matching Pro Longwear lip liner.  These Pro Longwear lip liners are amazing. Talk about long lasting, after I swatched everything I went to wipe my hand off with a makeup wipe and the lip liner would not budge.  I had to really scrub it off and even then it left a red stain behind to remind me of its awesomeness.



Talk That Talk Lipstick and Liner: This duo is absolutely perfect for the Fall.  It is a deep, vampy purple with red tone lipstick.  I was excited for this because I love dark lips for Fall.  I wore this the other day and I didn't have any issues with feathering and the Pro Longwear liner helped the color stay on a majority of the day.  Like the RiRi Woo lipstick, this is a retro matte finish that I don't find to be drying on the lips.



Hibiscus Kiss Bronzer Duo: The MAC website describes this as "cool coral complements a neutral matte bronze in one gorgeous package". I had a really tough time swatching the bronzer - it barely shows up on my hand.  However, I did use this bronzer today to warm up my face and it shows up on my face beautifully.  The bronzer is a nice matte bronze with absolutely no shimmer (which I happen to prefer).  The blush is a very pretty bright coral.




Bad Girl Gone Good Blush: This is described as a "warm copper" blush with a satin finish.  I think the color is absolutely gorgeous but be warned - if you are fair skinned use a light hand.  This can pull a little orange if applied too heavily.




Diamonds Cream Base: To me this is one of the standouts of the entire collection.  It is a beautiful shimmery champagne colored cream highlight.  I used this today as a highlight on the tops of my cheeks and even though it is shimmery it is not sparkly or too dramatic.  It adds just the right amount of highlight.



Eyeshadow Quad in Her Cocoa: I was on the fence about the eyeshadow quads because to be honest the colors all looked like colors that I might have in other palettes.  After using this quad I am so glad that I bought it.  It creates the perfect light bronze smokey eye. I went for a wearable bronze eye look but you can definitely smoke the darker colors out for a more dramatic look. The MAC site describes the quad as "four warm shades: bright bronze gold, soft peach, chocolate bronze and antique gold".  I found that these quads do not swatch very well but they are very easy to work with on the eyes.  Unfortunately the individual names are not listed on the quad so I can't tell if these are from the permanent line or limited edition.  The swatches in order are left to right and top to bottom.



Eyeshadow Quad in Smoked Cocoa:  I have not gotten a chance to use this one yet but I am so looking forward to doing a very dramatic smokey eye. This one is described as "four cool shades: shimmering champagne, black with silver pearl, satin charcoal and matte grey". These also did not swatch well.  I'm hoping they will be easier to work with on the eyes.



I am really excited to see what the collection that will launch around the holidays is going to look like! Until then I will play with these little beauties <3

1 comment: