Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ben Nye Banana Powder - Worth the Hype?

To answer the question that the title asks I will say yes, this product is worth the hype.  However, I will add a disclaimer - Banana Powder is not for everyone.  It is not a universal powder that is appropriate for all skin tones.  Banana Powder is just one shade in the Ben Nye Luxury Powder line.



Banana Powder (let's just call it the "BP" from here on) is an extremely finely milled loose powder that when applied is mostly translucent but does have a light yellow hint of color.  The Luxury Powders are meant to be finishing powders however, the most popular use of BP is to highlight under the eyes.

I use my BP to set my under eye concealer.  After I've blended out my under eye concealer I set it with this powder using my Beauty Blender.  A little bit of powder goes a long way.  I just tap a little bit out on to the lid and then pick it up using the pointy end of the Beauty Blender.  It leaves behind a smooth silky feeling on the skin which I really like under that very sensitive area of the skin under the eyes.  The light color of the powder also helps to achieve that bright under eye look.  Again, this color might not work on everyone. I have very yellow undertones to my skin and my foundation ranges from MAC NC25 to NC35 depending on the season.  My suggestion would be if you are on the fence about whether it will work for you then try it out.  If it doesn't suit your skin tone perhaps try another shade from the line.


I ordered mine online from http://camerareadycosmetics.com/products/ben-nye-bella-luxury-powder.html.  Aside from being a really great product it is also inexpensive.  I ordered the 1.5 oz size ($10) almost 6 months ago and I still have more than 75% left.  I will absolutely repurchase this this over and over again.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I have also been on a fence about this powder but finally gave in and bought it. I have subscribed and since we have a very similar skintone I guess your suggestions would be great for me. If you have time please check out my blog: http://festivefairy.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete