Sunday, February 24, 2013

NARS Turkish Delight Dupe?!?


I am in LOVE with all things NARS. I am particularly fond of their lip products. My favorite lip colors include Turkish Delight and Chelsea Girls. I love the colors but don't always love paying $25 for lipgloss. I have been searching for a dupe for Turkish Delight. I have heard a lot of people saying that Bonne Bell's Lip Lites in Strawberry Parfait is a great dupe so I set about searching for it. Let me first say - this stuff is not easy to find! As I understand the only place that sells the Lip Lites is Walmart. 

I must have been to at least 5 different Walmarts looking for it! I finally caught a break and found it at a Walmart while I was traveling for work. Needless to say I bought their entire stock before I even tried it - I figured if I loved it I didn't want to go through the hassle of trying to find it again when I needed to replace it. I know, crazy. I'm glad I bought as many as I did because I fell in love with it. While it not an exact dupe of my beloved Turkish Delight it is pretty darn close. The Bonne Bell gloss is a slightly darker and a tiny bit deeper in pink but ever so slightly. The NARS Turkish Delight is a very milky pink but I actually like that the Bonne Bell gloss has a bit darker of a color. What it lacks in being an exact match it makes up for in scent and taste. It smells like a strawberry soda and tastes like one too. I hadn't used Bonne Bell products since I was in middle school and putting this on my lips takes me right back to the days of Lip Smackers! The price on these is right too! I think I only paid $3.49 for each one - this girl loves a good bargain!

1 comment: