Saturday, October 5, 2013

Haul: Riri Hearts Mac Fall Collection

The much anticipated Riri Hearts MAC collection launched in MAC stores on September 26th.  I had been lusting after the collection since I saw pictures posted online.  Given the popularity of the limited edition Riri lipsticks that launched online earlier this Summer, I knew that this collection would sell out fast.  I wasn't able to get to my MAC store on the day of the launch but was there bright and early the next day.  Surprisingly, they still had every piece of the collection and I was able to get everything I wanted.  Be still my beating heart.

Can we talk about how gorgeous the packaging alone is?  The boxes and packaging are the most beautiful rose gold color with red script writing and a big pink Rihanna "R" in the middle. MAC really got it right with this one.




I didn't get every piece of the collection because I just didn't think I needed it all.  Some of the pieces are from the permanent line just redressed in the rose gold packaging.  I also wasn't crazy about all of the lipstick colors and didn't want to buy them just to have them.

I was most excited about the Ririwoo lipstick, gloss and lip pencil.  The deep red is absolutely stunning and can be universally flattering on many skin tones.  I was also excited about the Hibiscuss Kiss bronzer/blush duo. I was really bummed when I didn't get this when it first launched this summer but now I'm so glad I didn't get it.  I much prefer this packaging over the plain black MAC packaging that it released over the summer.  The girl accidentally rang me up for two of the Diamonds cream bases so I was able to give one to my best friend who loves it as much as I do.

The whole collection is beautiful and I am so excited to have it to add to my own makeup collection. I will have another post with more pictures and swatches up shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment