Sunday, October 6, 2013

Review: Benefit Rockatuer Blush

Benefit's newest addition to their much loved line of boxed powders is the luminous Rockatuer blush.  It is a beautiful rose colored blush with a golden shimmer.  I have more blush than one girl could ever use in a lifetime but I could not pass up adding this one to my collection.  I resisted the temptation through a few trips to Ulta and Sephora but eventually my will broke and this beauty came home with me.



I am not a fan of shimmery blushes so I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this one.  I figured if I really hated it I could just give it to one of my friends. I was pleasantly surprised to find that while it looks shimmery in the box it does not come off on the skin that way.  When applied to the apples of the cheeks it gives off a very rosy flush color that is gorgeous.  It looks natural while giving you a bit of a highlighted sheen.  Like all of the Benefit boxed powders, this blush came with a small brush that sits on top of a plastic separator inside the box.  I normally don't use these brushes but this one was just perfect for applying product to the tops of my cheeks where this product looks best.  One of my favorite things about the Benefit boxed powders is the scent of the powders.  All of the powders have this delicious perfumed scent - this blush is no exception.


My only real complaint about this blush is the size.  While the rest of the Benefit boxed powders have 0.28 oz of product this blush only has 0.17 oz of product yet it still boasts the same $28 price tag. 

Claims: "This rockin’ rose gold cheek powder gives a famously provocative flush that turns heads on-stage and off"
Finish/Texture: Finely milled powder with a slight gold shimmer
Scent: Pleasant perfume scent
Long Wearing: Relatively, no more so than any other blush
Packaging: Signature Benefit box with small brush stored inside
Price: $28
Availability: Sephora, Ulta and benefitcosmetics.com

Pros:
  • Nice flush of color
  • Pleasant scent
  • Convenient brush that works well with the product
  • Adorable packaging
Cons:
  • Smaller size than other Benefit boxed powders
Overall: The color is different than any other blush that I have in my collection.  The smooth texture allows the powder to glide on and blend smoothly.  Benefit has another winner in the Rockateur blush.

No comments:

Post a Comment