Saturday, October 12, 2013

Maybelline Color Elixir Liquid Balm

I have fallen in love with my local Harmon Face Value Store.  I had no idea that this store even existed until I started my mission to find the Maybelline Color Tattoo matte colors.  Harmon's is little a little hidden gem.  I have been able to find every limited edition drugstore makeup display here.  Not only do they have the displays but they are well stocked.

During my most recent trip I discovered a display of new Maybelline Color Elixir Liquid Balms.  The display states: Saturated Lip Color, Sensuous Balm Care and Polished Lip Shine.  What really intrigued me about this product is the claim to be a liquid balm.  I am always on the hunt for a moisturizing lip balm.  My lips tend to get pretty dry especially as we head into the colder months so I had to see what these were all about.

There are 20 shades in this line that range from deep berry to bright purple to nude pinks.  I find that I am typically drawn to light pinky nudes when choosing lip colors.  While I loved the gorgeous vibrant shades that these come in I decided to stay in my comfort zone with nude colors.  I picked up (060) Nude Illusion and (100) Petal Plush.  Nude Illusion is a flesh toned nude and Petal Plush is a light baby pink. Each one was $6.49 at Harmon's. 



I was pleasantly surprised by how true the color was on my lips.  I have a ton of lip glosses that are in this color family and all too often the color is very sheer and almost nonexistent. They really hold true to the 'saturated color' claim. The doe foot applicator applies the product smoothly and precisely.  There is a noticeable sweet vanilla scent.  I don't mind this but those who don't care for that type of scent may find it bothersome. These lip balms are thicker than a normal lip gloss but they aren't tacky or sticky in the least. They are quite comfortable on the lips and feel very hydrating.  It feels like a lipstick and lip balm were married and this is their baby.  They are not very long wearing but in all fairness most lip balms aren't. While this product lacks in the long-wearing department it more than makes up for with the color payoff and texture.

I am enjoying these very much and plan on purchasing a few more colors.  The display did not indicate that these were limited edition.  I am very much hoping that Maybelline decides to make these part of their permanent line. 

1 comment:

  1. I love Maybelline glosses in general so I hope these do show up in Canada soon ;)

    ReplyDelete