Saturday, October 5, 2013

Review: YSL Glossy Stains - Rebel Nudes

I am in love. I was shopping with my best friend and we stopped into Sephora to check out the new Rebel Nude colors in the YSL glossy stain line. Well, it was love at first sight when I first laid my eyes on these little beauties.


For those that are not familiar with the YSL glossy stains - they are both a gloss and a lip stain.  They go on as a smooth gloss and set to a tacky stain.  For the best coverage I normally apply one coat, count to 15, add another coat, count to 20 and then add the final coat. Once the gloss wears off you are left with a bright vibrant lip stain.  I have found that the gloss typically lasts close to 2 hours before it starts losing some of its shine.

I have two colors in the Rebel Nudes collection:

- 102 Corail Mutin: light peachy coral
- 103 Pink Taboo: watermelon pink


Claim: "This glossy Stain captures the shine of a gloss, color of a lipstick, and the long wear of a stain.
Finish/Texture:  Goes on smooth like a gloss and sets to a tacky stain finish
Scent: Light floral scent
Long Wearing: Yes!
Packaging: Luxurious YSL packaging with a doe foot applicator
Price:  $34
Availability:  Sephora and other high end luxury retailers
Limited Edition:  Unsure if the Rebel Nudes are limited edition colors or if they will become part of the permanent line

Pros:

  • Beautiful color
  • Long lasting
  • Pleasant scent
  • Good variety of colors
Cons:
  • The $34 price tag on these little beauties is a little steep for a lip gloss 
Overall:  AWESOME, AWESOME product.  I am sure I will be purchasing more colors in the near future. 

1 comment: