Sunday, February 24, 2013

MAC Pro Longwear vs. Revlon Colorstay?


So, I thought I'd share some of my thoughts on the MAC Pro Longwear foundation as well as the Revlon Colorstay foundation. I have been wearing both for awhile now and this really is a close one for me.

I really do like both products and I think they both do what they promise...provide long lasting coverage. I wear NC-25 in the MAC foundation and Early Tan in Revlon.

For me, the MAC foundation seems to be a bit thicker and takes more effort to blend. I have found that this foundation must be blended really well or else it will look streaky. It is also a fast drying foundation so I have to work pretty quickly to get it all blended out. I think this is the one thing that keeps me from really loving this foundation. I tend to wear this foundation on days I know I am not going to be able to touch up my makeup. I can put it on in the early morning and by the end of my work day it still looks just as good as it did when I first applied it.

Revlon's foundation blends much more smoothly but I don't think it has the same staying power as the MAC foundation. I find myself wearing the Revlon and also carrying my MAC Studio Fix powder foundation to touch up during the day. Please don't get me wrong, the Revlon foundation does last but not as long as the Pro Longwear. My other complaint about this particular product is the difficulty in finding my shade - I typically steer clear of drugstore foundation because I am terrible at matching my on shade. I think I had to buy 3 or 4 bottles of foundation before I found my color.

My final verdict would be...Revlon Colorstay.  For the price the MAC Pro Longwear foundation is too high maintenance.  When set with a good matte powder the Revlon Colorstay can last a good 6 hours without any issue.  

1 comment: