Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Review: L'Oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur

This is one of those products that I can say YouTube made me buy.  After seeing some of my favorite beauty gurus rave about this I decided to try it out. I'm always on the lookout for a good primer. Initially I was deterred by the price.  At $19.99 for 1.18 fl oz of product, this is more than I would normally spend on a drugstore product.  I finally bit the bullet and bought it when I had a $3.50 coupon from Ulta. 


The L'Oreal Revitalift claims to erase the look of pores and wrinkles.  The directions say that it can be worn alone or under makeup.  I wear mine under my makeup because I have some uneven texture on my skin due to my occasional acne flare ups. The product itself is a clear balm like texture.  When smoothed over skin it leaves behind a very smooth silicone feeling.  It provides a nice base that foundation sits nicely on top of. For that reason I do like it but I just don't think it is anything special.  I definitely don't think it lives up to its $20 price tag.  There are comparable products out there that work just as well and are more than half the price.  I have tried the Hard Candy Sheer Envy primer and I think that these two products are pretty much identical.  The biggest difference is the Hard Candy primer is only $8 for 1.3 oz of product.  If I am going to go for a drugstore primer I would choose the Hard Candy version over the L'Oreal Revitalift.  If I want to spend $20 on a primer I will spend a few more dollars and get a high end primer that works really well (i.e. Smashbox, Porefessional).


Claims: "Erases the look of lines, wrinkles and pores"
Finish/Texture: Balm like texture that leaves behind a smooth texture on the skin
Scent: None
Long Wearing: I did not think that this helped my makeup stay put any longer than any other primer or similar product
Price: $19.99
Availability: Target, Walmart and drugstores

Pros:
  • Leaves a nice smooth surface on the skin 
Cons:
  • Cost
Overall: While I don't think that this is a terrible product I also don't think that is anything spectacular.  I think that there are other drugstore alternatives that are less expensive.  With a price tag close to a high end primer this does not live up to being high end quality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment