Thursday, October 17, 2013

Favorite Fall Lip Products


 It is no secret that Fall is my favorite season.  I feel like I wait nine months out of the year for Fall.  The first cool night and I'm ready to break out the sweaters and boots.  I love pumpkin lattes,changing leaves, Thanksgiving and football games on cool Sunday afternoons.  Another one of my favorite things about Fall is dark, vampy lip colors. There are a lot of gorgeous products out there that help to achieve this look.  These are some of my favorites.

Revlon Lip Butters
Sugar Plum: The deep mauve color of this Lip Butter is great for those who like a little darker lip but can't quite commit to a super dark color.

Fig Jam: Hands down this is one of my favorite Fall lip colors.  It is a perfect brown-red with a slightly glossy finish.  One of the reasons that I love the Revlon Lip Butters is because they are so easy to use.  I can typically apply most of them without a mirror and they feel great on the lips. 
Red Velvet: A perfect deep cranberry red.  I am seriously obsessed with these things.  






Chubby Lip Pencils
NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Palais Royal: A deep wine color with a satin finish.  The only thing I had a little trouble with is feathering.  To help prevent feathering I used my Urban Decay Ozone lip pencil underneath as a base and it stayed put. 
Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Color in Apocalypse: One of the darker colors that I own, Apocalypse is a deep plum with a glossy finish. 
Cover Girl Jumbo Gloss Balm in Jam Twist: Jam Twist is more a wash of bright cranberry color and less opaque than the NARS and Urban Decay pencils. 



MAC Lipstick 
Talk That Talk (Limited Edition): This is a perfect deep maroon color with a retro matte finish.  
Dark Side (Permanent Collection): Dark Side is almost the twin of Talk That Talk but with a creamier texture and slightly glossy finish. 
Sweet Succulence (Limited Edition): This is definitely the darkest lipstick that I own.  It is a deep maroon that has deep purple tones. It is a lustre finish so it is the glossiest finish of the four lipsticks. 
Caliente (Limited Edition): Caliente was released with the Temperature Rising collection - it is a brown - bronze color.  It has a dazzle finish with glitter throughout the lipstick.  One thing I did not love about this particular lipstick is that the glitter can feel a little gritty on the lips.  However, that is not enough to keep it out of my favorites. 



Lip Gloss
MAC Lust for Life (Limited Edition) Lip Glass: Deep berry gloss with a lustre finish.  I hate that I love these limited edition products so much because it makes me not want to use them for fear of running out! 
MAC Liquer (Limited Edition) Lip Glass: This color is so difficult to describe - it is a bronze-brown color with hints of pink.  It is truly stunning. 
MAC Soft Serenade (Limited Edition) Lip Glass: While this is not a dark color it does look beautiful over some of the more matte lip pencils and lipsticks. It is a nude lip gloss with shimmery glitter. 
Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Bordeaux: This is a great dupe for MAC's Lust for Life. 



With any of these deep colors I recommend using a lip liner to help prevent feathering and to maintain the deep color.  I have been loving my Urban Decay Ozone lip liner lately. It is a clear liner that helps hold color and stop feathering.  I have also been using my MAC Talk That Talk lip liner from the RiRi Hearts MAC collection.  It is a dark plum from the Pro Longwear collection and it seriously does not budge.

What are some of your favorite Fall lip colors?

1 comment:

  1. just bought the red velvet and it's perfect! thanks fo doing this post!

    ReplyDelete