Thursday, October 31, 2013

Muji Acrylic Case - 5 Drawers

I was recently in sunny California for work. I wandered outside of my hotel for dinner and came across a Muji store.  I was super excited to see it because I have heard great things about their acrylic cases. If you haven't heard of Muji it is a Japanese based store/brand.  They sell clothing and home organization items.  The theme of their products is simple and high quality but affordable. There are a few stores in the US but none near where I live.  I had heard that the three and five drawer acrylic cases were great for makeup storage but I didn't want to order them without seeing them.

I have wanted to find a new organization system for my lip products.  I had been storing them in small baskets in the bottom drawer of a lingerie chest that I use to hold all of my makeup.  It wasn't my favorite way to store them.  I found that I was only using the products towards the front of the drawer because they were the most easily accessible.



When I went into the Muji store I was on a mission to find these acrylic cases.  I was surprised at how inexpensive they were.  I want to say the three drawer system was $19 and the five drawer was $23 (I just looked at the prices online but they seem higher than what I paid).  I went back and forth on whether to buy the three drawer, five drawer or both.  I ultimately ended up buying the five drawer acrylic case and I'm glad I did because it fits my lippies perfectly.

Below are pictures of the case as a whole and each drawer.  I guess this will also be an impromptu lip collection post too:)

The lipstick holder on top did not come with the five drawer unit.  That was purchased separately at The Container Store.




The drawers are not very deep but they are absolutely perfect for holding lip products.  You'll notice that I keep my NARS lip lacquer pot on top of the unit.  That is because the drawers are not deep enough to hold it.  I really am so happy with these drawers.  I especially like the high quality of the acrylic.  The fact that this now sits on top of my dresser allows me to use all of the products evenly.

I am always looking for new makeup organization tips.  I am currently using small black baskets that sit inside each drawer of my lingerie chest.  They work well but I'm not thrilled with them.  How do you organize your makeup?  Do you have a chest like mine or even the popular Ikea Alex unit?  What do you use to organize inside each drawer?  

1 comment: