Sunday, March 17, 2013

Review: Clarisonic Mia 2



Let me first start by saying I have put off buying a Clarisonic for about a year.  I have been deterred by the $150 price tag and honestly didn't think that an expensive Clarisonic could REALLY clean my skin that much better.  I ended up buying it on the QVC website through their Easy Pay option.  I pay $56/month for the next 3 months so somehow that made it better in my mind - I know, I know it's not really but it's how I justified it. 

Can I tell you I can't believe I've lived without this thing for so long?  It really is everything it's hyped up to be.  I have only been using it for about a week but I can already see a noticeable difference in my skin.  The overall texture is already improving.  This little thing manages to get out dirt I didn't even know was still trapped in my skin. 

I'll first tell you what came with it and how it works and then I'll tell you how I've worked it into my skincare routine.  My Mia 2 came with the Mia 2 itself (mine is a pretty lavender purple color), a travel case, the power cord and a trial size of Philosophy's Purity cleanser.  The Mia 2 comes programmed with two speeds.  I first began by charging it for a full 24-hours.  Then when it was fully charged I started by wetting the head with lukewarm water and then squeezing cleanser on it.  Then I turned it on and started at my chin area and ran it all over my chin and nose.  There is a built in timer and the instructions tell you that to use it on your chin and nose area for 20 seconds, your forehead for 20 seconds and then each of your cheeks for 10 seconds.  After the 20 seconds on the chin and nose area is up there is a light vibration that indicates you should move to your forehead.

Now, on to how I worked my Clarisonic into my skincare routine. At night I start by removing my makeup with my MAC cleanse off oil, then I use my Clarisonic with Clinique's foaming cleanser and finish with Tarte's Maracuja Oil as my nighttime moisturizer.  I tried the Philosophy Purity cleaner that came with it but don't really like it.  I like a foaming cleanser and this one just didn't foam well.

Claims:  A travel-friendly, professional-quality skincare brush with two speeds
Price:  $150
Availability: Besides being available to order online, the Clarisonic Mia 2 can be found in several different stores (Sephora, Ulta, Macy's, Bloomingdale's)

Overall: I was surprised by how much makeup remained on my skin even after using my MAC cleanse off oil.  The Clarisonic really makes my skin feel clean and refreshed.  I think it was worth it's $150 price tag.

*UPDATE* A few months into using the Mia 2, my skin was at it's worst.  I was breaking out along my entire chin and it would just not go away no matter how clean I kept my skin.  The only thing I could contribute this to was the Mia 2.  I stopped using it for a few days and my chin cleared up almost immediately. I am going to give it another try in a few weeks - maybe using it everyday was too much for my sensitive skin?

1 comment: