Sunday, February 24, 2013

Review: Tarte Awake Your Complexion Customizable Kit





Tarte is quickly becoming one of my favorite makeup brands. Admittedly, I had been a MAC/Urban Decay snob for quite awhile but was introduced to Tarte through a Black Friday special at Ulta. I bought one of the Black Friday kits that included an Amazonian Clay blush. I tried the blush and was hooked! I have since bought some more Tarte products and loved each one of them.

I have been wanting to try the Maracuja Oil but was hesitant to buy it because the full size is such a large bottle. I was afraid if I didn't like it I would be wasting so much product. I was at my local Sephora recently and was excited to find this kit. I was most excited because the kit includes a small sample size of the Maracuja oil. When I say small sample size I really mean at least a month's supply of it - you end up using so little that the amount they give you in the kit will last. I was also really excited about the value of the kit - also included in the kit is their Maracuja Creaseless Concealer (you pick your own shade), a sample setting powder and a Tarte brush. The whole kit was $32 which is an awesome value considering the concealer alone is $24. I had bought the concealer by itself a few months ago and fell in love with it - it has become my go to concealer. It provides excellent coverage and goes on smoothly and blends really well.

I wanted to try the Maracuja Oil - so now that I've tried it what are my thoughts? Another homerun for Tarte. This stuff is seriously amazing! I apply 2-3 drops at night after I've removed my makeup and washed my face. It is an oil but my skin absorbs it and it doesn't leave behind a greasy oil slick feeling. After using it for only a couple of weeks my skin already feels softer, more supple and appears brighter. Not only does it moisturize my skin but it has helped clear up some cystic pimples that I get around my chin area. On top of the product being amazing the packaging is perfect. The product comes in a glass bottle with a little glass stopper. The glass stopper dispenses the right amount of product so you aren't wasting any. This size bottle is perfect because I travel a lot for work so I can pack this size in a carry on. I will be buying the full size as this has become a staple in my skin care routine. Way to go Tarte.

No comments:

Post a Comment