Sunday, February 24, 2013

New Product: L'Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain







How excited was I when i saw the full display of these at my Target? REALLY excited. I had heard that these were a dupe for YSL's glossy stains and they really are! So let's get into the good and then I'll tell you what I wasn't so crazy about.

The good: the applicator is awesome - I really love the slightly pointed doe foot applicator. Just like the YSL glossy stains you apply this in 3 applications - first application, let it set, second application, let it set and then the third and final application. They go on wet and as they set they get slightly tacky - not sticky but tacky if that makes sense. The nice part is that the color panel on the packaging is the actual formula so they come out the color they look. I only bought two neutral colors (go figure) in Pink Perseverance and Eternally Nude but really enjoyed both of them.

Now for the bad - I can't for the life of me understand why L'Oreal doesn't seal their lip products. The idea of someone swatching or using the product before I buy it really skeeves me out. Given that it is a gloss you can't even tell if someone has been all up in it :-/ That is probably the biggest issue for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment